In order to make the most out of Instagram and gain the maximum business profits, all you have to do is create an Instagram business account and upgrade your profile. If you already have a personal Instagram account, you can switch over to an Instagram business account, provided it has content that is appropriate for your brand. You will be even better off if you already have a lot of real Instagram likes and an established following.
An Instagram business account will give you easy access to all those features that are only available and provided to business accounts. These features will also make the transition apparently seamless for your existing users.
Setting up a business account
If you create a new Instagram business account right from the scratch, here is what you should do:
- Download the app for iOS, Android, or Windows
- Open it and tap Sign Up
- Enter your email address
- Tap Next
- Choose your username and password
- Fill in the profile information
- Tap Done.
This will create a personal Instagram account. In order to convert it to your business account, you should continue with the following steps:
- Log into your personal Instagram account
- Tap the profile icon
- Tap the three lines icon at the top right of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap Switch to Business Profile
- Tap on Continue
- Add contact information like email address, phone number, and the physical address
- Tap Done.
This will create your business account. All you have to do now is optimize your profile in order to get the best results.
Tweak your bio
Your Instagram business account will hold a lot of value when you include your profile a bio in it. Though this bio is only 150 characters long, it will do wonders if you use it properly. Your bio will tell your users:
- About you
- About what you do
- About your brand and
- Why they should buy it.
Now the question is how will you fit in all these details within such a limited space. Here are some effective tips:
- Use a specific brand voice to convey your personality
- Be casual or professional in your approach
- Include proper, clickable and relevant hashtags
- Use user-generated content and emojis and
- Use proper spacing and line breaks so that your bio is easy to read online.
Also, make sure that you optimize your profile pic. It can be your logo or some version of it. Make sure that you use the same picture all over and on all social profiles. This will create uniformity and help the visitors to identify your brand instantly, irrespective of the platform they are in.
When you use your photo make sure that you upload a photo that has 320 pixels square. This is because your photos are stored in 320 x 320 pixels but are displayed as 110 x 110 pixels. This will ensure that you are always ready and your photo is fully visible even if Instagram makes some changes in the ways in displaying these photos.